Friday 11 February 2011

"His suit is as sharp as his wit!"

So I gave Matt a call after getting card from the Cavendish Arms gig, and he invited me down to perform at his new music and comedy night at The Railway in Streatham Common. The gig took place last night I got a few people to come down to support me and it turned out to be a really good night.

As I walked in I noticed a piece of paper on the tables. I picked it up and there was my name with the description His suit is as sharp as his wit. I've made it I thought!

I opened up the night, and Matt gave all the comedians the option to do 10 minutes plus on stage. Not everything I did was great, but it was only my fourth ever gig, so to do 10 minutes worth of material was pretty cool. I really need to tighten things up, but it gave me the opportunity to try some different things.

But what really made this such a top night was the promoter - Matt in the hat! He doesn't run his night as rigidly or as smoothly as somewhere like The Cavendish Arms, but in a way that is it's appeal and charm. And he also has a pub quiz with cheese! That in itself is worth turning up for!

I'm pleased to say that Matt invited me back again in two weeks so another gig in the bag!

No comments :

Post a Comment