Friday 26 August 2011

Interview with the Sutton Guardian

Steven Scaffardi, The Drought, Stand Up Comedy, Stand Up Comedian, Comedian, Comedy, Lad Lit, Chick lit for men, funny books,
Here is the link to my first press interview as I speak to James Pepper from the Sutton Guardian about the upcoming publication of The Drought.

You can also read the full story below...


 

Carshalton author aims to trash chick flick myths
by James Pepper

A new book is looking to dispel the chick flick myths about men. 

Carshalton author Steven Scaffardi is due to release his debut novel The Drought, next month. 

A tale of a group of young single men doing what they do, one of the group has recently broken up with his long-term girlfriend, only to find he has forgotten how to talk to the opposite sex. 

Inspired by Channel 4 hit sitcom The Inbetweeners, there are as many cringe-worthy moments as there are laugh out loud ones, the blurb reads. 

The author and stand-up comedian said he was also inspired by the misrepresentation of men in so-called rom coms and women’s magazines. 

He said: “I have to watch chick flicks because of my girlfriend, and sometimes I might read the women’s magazines that are lying around. 

“When I see the depiction of men in films, I just think to myself ‘a man wouldn’t say that’.”
In an attempt to bring back the real man, the author turned to his own experiences after a few false starts with other novels. 

He said: “I have tried to write about cool things of which I know nothing about and got to chapter four. Then I run out of material. “With this book, I tried to talk about things which I know about – young men being mischievous and trying to pull girls. 

“It’s about a relationship from a guy’s point of view.”

No comments :

Post a Comment