Thursday 7 April 2011

Is it me or are there some strange folk on this open mic scene...?!

Strange people
Diary of a stand-up comedian Entry #12
Another good little gig last night, this time in London Bridge at Hoopla. The MC for the night is a guy called Steve Roe, who I happened to be in the year below me at school. We didn't know each other back then but comedy has brought us together.

That sounded a bit gay didn't it?

No matter! I went on first last night, and it was the first gig I have done where as soon as your five minutes is up the lights go down and the mic cuts out. That's one way of letting you know that your time is up! But all in all, it went really well. In fact, there was one bloke at the front who laughed his head off at everything I said, so that was a good sign!

Then again, the same bloke laughed his head off at the next act, and the one after him, and the one after him! Hmmm, there seemed to be a pattern emerging here. By the time it got to the halfway stage and the same audience member was still cracking up at the weirdo who came on and made a dolphin noise for five minutes (I kid you not), I was starting to feel my number one fan might be a little fickle.

Still, I've invited him to come to all of my future gigs!

No comments :

Post a Comment