Tuesday 1 January 2013

What a way to start the New Year!

Book Review for The Drought by Steven Scaffardi on The Book Garden
Happy New Year everyone and a special thanks to Anne at The Book Garden who posted this fantastic review for my lad lit novel The Drought on her blog site today!

Book Review from The Book Garden
Wow was this book fun to read, I laughed out loud a lot while reading this one. Dan was a great character to read about, he was never boring. The situations that he gets himself into are hilarious and you cannot help but feel for the poor guy. Trying to give Dan some help along the way are his three best friends Rob, Jack, and Ollie. Scaffardi takes the time to make each character unique and interesting and I could not get enough of reading about these four guys.

I would suggest that those that are easily offended by bad language or crude remarks should stay away from this one. With a plot line of Dan trying to get laid it should be no surprise that this book is filled with language and scenes that some might find offensive. I personally loved the inside look at what guys really think and how they talk to each other when there are not women around.

The whole time I was reading this book and laughing hysterically I kept thinking what a great movie this book would make. It was just so much fun with so many hilarious situations the guys get themselves into, I would love to see it made into a movie.

I was really impressed with Scaffardi's book, it was highly entertaining and I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard while reading a book. I hope there will be another book from this great new author soon!

My rating: 4 1/2 stars out of 5

No comments :

Post a Comment