Thursday 22 March 2018

Four-star book review for The Flood (taken from Hey Said Renee)

The Flood, Steven Scaffardi, Lad Lit, Comedy, Funny, Novel, eBook, Kindle Unlimited, Chick Lit
This book review was originally posted on Hey Said Renee on Friday, May 6, 2016 as part of the #LadLitBlogTour

This story of the nice guy trying to be a bad boy had me laughing out loud on several occasions. This is the second book in the series and although I really enjoyed it without reading the first book, I think The Flood would have been even better if I'd read The Drought.

The style of writing reminded me of the self depreciating humour of a stand up comedian (probably because, as it turns out, the author is a stand up comedian). I enjoyed the insight into the inner workings of a man's mind. The eclectic collection of women he was attempting to date at the same time had me hurling advice Dan's way, then the ridiculous situations he ended up in had me saying "I told you so".

If you're looking for some fun escapism, grab both these books, then wait with bated breath for the next one. Please tell me there will be a next one!

No comments :

Post a Comment