Tuesday 16 August 2011

My debut as a comedy compere!

The Line-Up: Here is the running
order from tonight's gig
Diary of a stand-up comedian Entry #32
Tonight was an absolutely rip-snorting frickin' awesome evening! A few weeks back when I performed at the Laughter Lung, Stu Privett had asked if I fancied MC'ing down at The Bowery in August for him while he was at Edinburgh. I jumped at the chance and tonight was the big night.

I was nervous to begin with but I think I eased into it. It gave me the chance to interact with the audience a bit more, and try some things out that I might not notmally do. I didn't feel quite as much pressure to be funny as I normally do, I guess because that is down to the acts. I'm just there to introduce people!

But I had a really good time, and there was some very funny acts on. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do it again in the future!

No comments :

Post a Comment