Saturday 28 April 2012

What have readers been saying about The Drought this month?!

What have readers been saying about The Drought this month?!
Book reviews for The Drought by Steven Scaffardi...

Amazon Reader Review #23 (Paperback Edition): Brilliant book!!!
Its rare that a book can endear itself to both men & women but I think this is that book! Both my husband and I have read it and both loved it. Its funny but so real and I feel I may have actually learnt something about men, ha ha! I loved that it was laugh-out-loud funny but still could be sensitive. The characters were real and I felt like I knew each one by the end, think everyone has a Jack or Rob in their life. If you want a book that you can read in one sitting, that you can relate to, laugh with and genuinely enjoy then please buy this. Its so worth it. I can't wait for the sequel. Scaffardi is an author who is going to be a household name, and he deserves to be! 5/5 stars

Amazon Reader Review #24 (Kindle Edition): Very entertaining
After a few too many drinks on NYE Dan ends up in yet another argument with his girlfriend of three years Stacey. Dan does what he thinks he best and ends the relationship; but then worries about `little Dan' and how much he will miss regular sex. What follows is a hilarious tale of Dan's exploits around South London with his mates trying to `end the drought'; from bar fights with a female bar tender to getting stupidly drunk and trying to prove himself on the dance floor to mistakenly hitting on a 15-year old, who is out with her mum. This is a very funny light-hearted read. I did find myself laughing out loud to certain parts of the book; which did gain a few sideways glances from other passengers on the train. I also found that certain situations such as `guys like football there isn't any more to it than that' and that there should be a time limit on how long girlfriends can mention boyfriend's mistakes rang very true to arguments I have had with my own boyfriend. The ending is predictable but all in all a very entertaining read. 4/5 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment