Sunday 24 March 2013

The Big Reunion - where are the Chinese Backstreet Boys?!

The Big Reunion, ITV2, 5IVE, Atomic Kitten, Liberty X, B*Witched, The Honeyz, Blue, 911, Chinese Backstreet Boys, The Back Dorm Boys, Steven Scaffardi, Lad Lit, Comedy, Blog,
Being a bit of a sucker for old 90s pop, I have got sucked into the ITV2 show The Big Reunion. Watching the likes of 5ive, Atomic Kitten, 911, Liberty X, B*Witched, The Honeyz, and now Blue, has brought back a lot of nostalgic memories.

But something doesn't just quite seem right to me. As far as I'm concerned, ITV have missed a trick here. Last week they drafted in Blue, who technically made their name in the noughties. Now don't get me wrong, I like All Rise as much as the next man, but if you were going to bring in one group from the noughties, how can you miss out on the group that has racked up over 25 million views on YouTube?!

That's right - I'm talking about the Back Dorm Boys! Otherwise known as the Chinese Backstreet Boys! The two students from the Guangzhou Arts Institute were one of the original stars of YouTube and certainly deserve their place up on the big stage at the Apollo in Hammersmith.

ITV might have missed out, but I salute you boys!

No comments :

Post a Comment